Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ocean - a reflection inspired by the Google Logo, Jules Verne

Down, deeper than ever. Above me, I look, seeing nothing but the dimness from the sun. I stay there feeling nothing but coldness and my own heartbeat. It feels as though I’m motionless, unable to have contact with the world and life as I know it. I stand there, anticipating something to happen. As though something might ruin the peace, like everything else in my life. Waiting for the thing that is perfect to me to either leave or hurt me as if I had hurt it, but at last I realize that the ocean isn’t a beast or monster but something that will heal instead of hurt. That may be the stillness of my body and and the frigidness of the water will help me to be at peace with myself because, at last, I have nothing to worry about. I close my eyes and breath, knowing that my breath will last longer than a lifetime, longer than time itself. By Ashley 
 

4 comments:

  1. that was a very wonderful piece, and a beautiful choice of feeling and words. If you can I urge you to write more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ashley,
    Your description is beautiful. My! Your writing, and that of your classmates, has caused me to add you to my list of Cool Classes Blogroll. I have 7th and 8th grade students too. I want them to see what excellent writing you are adding to your blog. Thanks for sharing your genius with the world!

    Sincerely,
    Mrs. Krebs
    http://krebs.edublogs.org (Class blogs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice writing Ashley! I liked how yo wrote it from your own perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Ashley! I love how your depcriptions of the water really made me feel like i was there in the water, peacefully flowing with the waves. You are an amazing writer. I strongly sugest that you write more. I look foward to more of your work!

    ReplyDelete