Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Alex


As I decided to head back I ran another loop around the forest, hoping
I would find him. Tonight I would find him, I must! As I finally retired for
the night I remembered that horrible day. My dad left one Wednesday
afternoon to go hunting. He promised that he would find a bear to bring
home and show me, because I had never seen one before. When my dad
didn’t get home on time my mom got worried so she went out to find him.
When my mom came home she had tears in her eyes. I asked my mom
where dad had been and she simply sent me to my room. I refused to go
until dad was home but she said that he wasn’t coming home. Mom said that
he had been killed by a bear that he had been hunting. The bear had seen
him before he had a chance to pull the trigger. As soon as my mom said the
last sentence I ran out the door to find the bear.
It wasn’t hard to find them; dad always left a trail of twigs so he wouldn’t
get lost. When I reached the end of the trail I saw what used to be my dad. I
looked away from him to see a bear staring back at me. I thought for sure I
would be the bear’s next victim but it simply blinked, yawned and turned the
other way. I swore I would find that bear one day and get rid of it. I named
the bear Alex after my father. Anyway, as I went into my cabin I found my
mom finishing up dinner. “Find anything today?” she asked. “No.” I replied
bluntly. I wasn’t hungry, so I went upstairs to go to bed. I changed into my
pajamas and stared out of my window. When I stared out of the window I
saw it. The bear, it was just outside the front door. I ran to get my musket
and went back to the window. As I loaded, and aimed I thought why the bear
must have done it. It was only in self defense. I lowered my weapon and
thought that my dad wouldn’t want me to do this, so I let him go. The bear
stared up at me and saw the gun. The bear turned right around and ran back
into the woods. “Good-bye, Alex,” I said as I climbed into bed.     By Connor


No comments:

Post a Comment