Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Beach

It's seven a.m., birds are quietly chirping, a light breeze blows through my windows ruffling the cream colored curtains while the faint sound of waves splashes below as the dolphins glide over top the ocean. The morning joggers are out on the darkened sand with their dogs at their sides. The beautiful white seagulls and large pelicans fly overhead calling out "good-morning" letting everyone know it is time to wake up and start the day. The relaxing smell of salt now fills my bedroom. My father sits on the balcony drinking his morning brew thinking about what the day entails. This time of morning is very calm and peaceful, and uninterrupted. There are so many things to do on vacation like this, but when the temperatures start to rise and the ice cream carts begin to go down the shore, you know it's time to hit the ocean!  By Anna 

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful.It has wonderful imagery I can actually see it in my head.

    ReplyDelete