Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Roses and Sugar

When the roses grow, the petals bloom,
A whiff of sweet sugar flows.
Covering the field, they fall down and roll in the sugar of sweet aroma,
The wind taking the smell, of feeling all so fresh, afar.

As the sugar falls, it acts as a seed blooming into a rose,
With a glistening coat of sweet sugar, bringing a whiff of happiness.
As the roses grow, so do the petals.
When the wind blows the sweet; sugar flies to me, picking a rose for the one I love. By Kyle, 2010

2 comments:

  1. Kyle,
    I'm impressed again with the imagery you put in your writing. This is a beautiful poem!

    Mrs. Krebs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw many of my memories in this poem: coming upon a field of flowers; choose a flower to pick; closing my eyes to enjoy the meadow flowers. Thank you

    ReplyDelete