Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Challenge

I have always had a love for dolphins. Ever since my parents got me that dolphin towel from Mexico, I have had a fascination about them. But it all seriously changed when I found out what was happening in Taiji, Japan.
One cold, winter night, my mom thought we should watch a movie, so she put in a good looking movie called “The Cove”.  I thought I would enjoy it, so I got warm next to the fire and got ready to see the movie.  It would change my life forever.  The whole documentary was all about what was going on in Taiji, Japan.  Japanese fish year round and would cave in the dolphins found in the river, researchers from around the world would then pick out the good looking dolphins, and separate them from their families.  While for the others not chosen, it would be a horrible doom to their fate, those poor animals would sadly get slaughtered, and sold for fish food.
After crying on my mom’s shoulders for an hour, I felt deep in my heart I had to do something to stop it. Luckily, at the end of the movie, the biologists that tried to save them, offered some websites for anyone to view.  The next morning I went to the websites;  not only did I find great information about the research, but I found I could donate money to different causes to help save the dolphins.  Unfortunately, my mom didn’t let me, but that didn’t stop me.
After some hard thinking, and liking several differant pages on Facebook, I quickly decided I would make my profile picture telling everyone about what was happening and what they can do about it.  Two hours later, I even put some letters into some of my neighbors’ mailboxes telling them how they can help. I soon felt great about what I had accomplished.    By Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment