Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Challenge - The Unicycle

 One of the challenges I have had is learning to ride a unicycle. It looks easier then it seems but it is very hard to learn. The Lawrence family  taught me on their back porch. My biggest fear was falling and hurting my head or breaking a bone. I never broke any bones or hurt myself in any way. I learned in three weeks because they helped me every day because they wanted me to join their unicycling group. Today I am in a Unicycling group and we ride in parades and do performances. One of the parades we rode in was the National Cherry Blossom parade.  The Cherry Blossom was the most intimidating because thousands of people are watching and the TV reporters record you and put in on TV live. The roads are also really messed up and bumpy. We learn to different tricks like jumping rope, ramps, hula hoops, and one foot riding. I also was up to the challenge when they asked me to move up and go to a six foot unicycle called a giraffe.  I am better at riding the giraffe then riding the regular unicycle. After I learned to unicycle my little sister and two other neighbors learned how to ride. Now we ride all around the neighborhood on our unicycles.     By Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment