Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Day a life- living in Indonesia

It was just another sunny day in Indonesia as I stepped out of my house, and let the summer breeze blow my hair back. I smiled and walked forward with my heavy backpack pulling me down, I was headed to school. They required us to were these dumb uniforms that we all hated so much; I tugged at my skirt and kept walking. I met up with my friend, Asoka, we walked together and talked about the usual. Allow me to introduce myself, I’m Kemala, and my friend and I live in Jakarta, the capital of Indonesia. We both go to a school for music prodigies- I play the violin and Asoka plays the cello. We both had gotten scholarships to the school and became best friends when we met.
We finally got to school were we parted ways and headed to class. After school we walked back home and said our goodbye’s. Tonight we had to practice because of a concert later that night, I was nervous and was really hoping not to mess up. “Selamat sore nenek!” ( Good evening grandma!) I waved to my Grandmother who was working in garden, as I crossed the stone path to my porch. After practicing for a while I met up with Asoka again and we left for the concert. Iin the end we did a splendid job with the concert! We had a sleep over that night and that had been the end to another great day.     By Zeidi

No comments:

Post a Comment